Sunday, December 16, 2012

My new man...

Hey there! So I took a little vacation from the blog...maybe we should can it a hiatus...It was a tad longer than a vacation :)
So now I play catch up before our lives get a whole lot crazier and I forced choose to take another vacation! 

As most of you know the reason for said craziness is that we are expecting our second this coming January! We are so excited and Gray is over the moon. She talks about her brother, whom she loving refers to as "Boyd Everett," Im not sure her reasoning for the middle name usage, but thats how she likes it.  I think that we are going to have a little "mommy" on our hands! She is so bossy already, I can just hear her telling me how to do things, or exactly what he wants....Oh Lordy, help me!  From the day we told Gray that she was going to be  big sister she usually always said that it was a "brother." Occasionally when you ask what she wanted she would say sister, but "what is the baby," the answer was 9 times out of 10, "brother."  Guess she knew something we didn't!  Now that my pregnancy is almost over it is so fun watching how Gray has become so much more excited about being a big sister. She talks about Boyd all the time, kisses my belly and tells him how much she loves him, and usually says good morning to him before me.  The other day she said out of nowhere, "Im so excited about Boyd, Im going to be the best big sister." Yes lady, you are! 
 It has been another easy pregnancy, and I am hoping for another easy delivery! Being pregnant during the holidays has been great. You're are too busy to sit and worry about how much longer you have to be pregnant, and an added bonus....you get to enjoy all the holiday fare and blame it on the pregnancy! We did have  a little worry about my placenta being a little lower than they like, but it has moved up and there is no longer a concern. We are good to go!  
A second pregnancy is so different than a first. I feel like I still have all the worries that I had the first time around, but I do think that I was more comfortable with being pregnant this time. I can really find words that would explain the differences, its just very different. 
Boyd is a name that Joey suggested, and I really liked. We have been asked a million times about the "Norman street name" similarity.... Joey DID actually see the name on the sign, so I guess he is named after the street. Gray, however had nothing to do with the street, it just a weird coincidence. :)
Everett is my Grandpas name, and a boys name that I have always wanted to use.  Im glad that they work well together, because if you ask Gray he has two names!
We are so looking forward to meeting our little man, and introducing him to all of you! 
Thank you for the support and love for us and our little guy :)

Our official Facebook announcement!
A few outtakes:





Taylor was in town and we had wanted to get a few shots of Gray anyway (I mean it had been a few months people!) so we decided that we would do a gender reveal shoot. 
Isn't my lady the cutest?


 This girl LOVES being silly with her daddy!


 Happy family of three....for a little longer






 She is SO excited for her brother to come and to be a big sister!

 Love this lady!


No comments:

Post a Comment