Sunday, March 21, 2010

The tree is up!!

Before the "lovely" weather that we got this weekend hit, Joey and I enjoyed the sunshine and spent some time outside preparing the tree for its final resting place in Grays nursery...I guess I should say that I watched and Joey did all the hard stuff, but I was there for moral support! Thursday night after a little trimming, and Joey binding the tree tight enough to fit through the window, (yes...I said window, there was no way to get it through the hall with the turns and close quarters) it was finally in the room! It still required a little "hair-cut" but the hard work was done. I had come up with this crazy idea, and wasn't sure how it would turn out, but, if I do say so myself, I think it's pretty awesome!
*For all the moms out there as crazy as I am, don't worry the thing is VERY secure and is not coming off the wall, trust me I asked a hundred times! (The bolts were huge!)
All the decor still isn't up, but thought I would give you a sneak peek at the tree, and the birds that I am slowly but surely getting folded, (getting help from mom tonight) They are going to hang from the tree like a mobile, not a ton, but I'm making a lot just in case! The fabric for windows and closet doors is on it's way, thats my next big project!
Cant wait to show you the final result!!!
Enjoy
~m.


The nursery so far...
I just LOVE the tree!
Fiona has already staked her claim on the chair!
The birds are being made...they will be hung soon!

32 weeks! I'll be 33 on Tuesday, it's going by so fast!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! You are so creative-can't wait to see the final product! Gray is such a lucky girl to have you as her mommy!

    ReplyDelete