Tuesday, March 16, 2010

32 weeks!

Over the last 32 weeks we have been receiving weekly e-mails from a great website updating us on Grays current size/weight.
http://www.babycenter.com/
However, week after week we find it rather amusing the items that they chose to compare the size of your baby to....who even knows the average size of a spaghetti squash?? Gray has been compared to rare items such as a rutabaga, kumquat, and our all time favorite...a medium shrimp! (Joey kept joking "is that a 24-36 count or 36-48?")This week we have a new "strange," Gray is being compared to a jicama, a what you ask??? Well, I didn't know either. Luckily wikipedia came to my rescue and explained that a jicama was a Mexican yam or turnip...
I find it funny that this website can not seem to find anything more common to compare her size to. I'm sure that being pregnant, I find this more strange than the average person, but hey has your kid ever been compared to a Chinese cabbage? :)
This my friends is the current size of my daughter!
Cant wait to see what she'll be next week!! Ill post belly pics later :)
~


Our first baby shower!!! Got the invite yesterday and it got me all excited, not only for the shower but that Jen is coming back for it! I cant wait to see her!
~
Things are finally getting hung on the walls (not the tree yet, that's this weekend!) and its starting to come together. Please note, it is still a HUGE work in progress, you'll just have to keep watching to see how it all comes together!

1 comment:

  1. babycenter baffles me too! isn't it just so funny what they come up with?

    where did you get the prints for her room? i love them!! would you mind emailing or fb-ing me?

    ReplyDelete