Sunday, March 28, 2010

And then there were birds!

I finished folding all the birds at my parents last weekend thanks to a little help from Joey and my mom. I then took them home added a little glitz, just a tad, and got to hanging. It was a trial and error thing, I'd string a few, hang them, then decide where the next few needed to go and what sizes I needed. It didn't take as long as I thought, and I think end the end turned out great! I love how when the air comes on they ever so slightly spin around, I can't wait for Gray to enjoy them too! Bedding is going to be here tomorrow, Yippy!!!

Adding a little glitter (don't know if you can see it in the pic, I just dotted the center of the flowers) Martha Stewart glitter is the best!! I have a huge kit with like 25 different colors!
Love it!
Close up of the birds. There are two styles, traditional cranes, and an "urban" bird
Spinning around, making shadows, so pretty!
(the walls look REALLY yellow in this pic, they are really green!)
The nursery! I couldn't be happier with how my vision came to life with the tree and the birds!
A HUGE thanks to my wonderful husband who helped make it happen
(with patience, might I add :) )
Still need a few things for this wall to make it complete!
I'll be 34 weeks on Tuesday! I can't believe only 6 weeks left, it will be here before I know it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so adorable- it reminds me of something you would see on an Anthropologie display. I hope you don't mind but if I ever have a girl I'm totally stealing this idea. Love the blog btw
    Brooke Honea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tree/birds look great! What a clever idea! But I miss your pics...we need to see your belly, girl! That's my favorite part of your blog! AND...Gray will love seeing the pictures when she's old enough to understand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!! Gyan, I will get belly pics up this week...Time for 34! I cant believe it :)

    ReplyDelete