Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Splash Pad: From sweet and laying to sweet and playing, what a difference a year makes!

Remember this picture from last June?
This was Gray laying still (well, as still as Gray has ever been) in the shade of a tree at Andrews Park watching Hadlee play at the splash pad. I couldnt, at the time, wrap my head around the idea that she would ever be big enough to enjoy the pad herself. She was just too little, and she was always going to be that way, right?

fast forward one year....

Heres my lady now, enjoying the splash pad with Hadlee! Running, giggling, and enjoying the freedom that she now has. People always told me how fast it goes, you just dont realize it until times like these.

Run little lady, run!
"Hadlee, let go over there first, then we'll try something else"
Maddie was such a great helper and took the girls running through the water rainbow!
"Mads, I have really enjoyed playing down here, but could I have a turn now?"
"Weeee!!!!"
"Wow! That was refreshing!"
"look hads...this crazy stuff coming out of the ground is water!"
"Mads, you're so silly!"
I know that we will have many more trips to the splash pad, this year, and for years to come. I know that I will have another "how fast life goes" moment, Im just trying to enjoy them all as they come and watch my little lady grow. (maybe a little slower lady, mommy can only handle so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment