Thursday, May 31, 2012

Details, details, details!!

Okay people, prepare yourself for another LONG post, and a few more to come :)

I going to start the posts of Grays birthday party with the details. I know to seem it may seem like a tad much for a second birthday party, but its just who I am. :)
 I didn't want a single detail to be missed. With that being said, I still think there is a TON more that I could have done or added, but someone (not mentioning any names...Joey) finally cut me off! 
I know that the most important part of the party is the Gray and all her little friends had a great time, and I do think that was the case. 
Enjoy...more to come soon, after I get through the 450 pictures from the party!
(big shout out to Kristyn who came and took all the pics)

Cupcakes

 Cookies made my sweet friend Saradee...she's the BEST!







 The little ladies special cake!


 The play-doh table


 I made monogrammed aprons for all Grays friends, but I thought the birthday girls need to be a bit more special!

 One of the signs for the art activities!


 The "Art" area





 More food table details

 I decided for another dessert to stick with the theme and have the kids create their own ice-cream master piece





After all the art activities and the kids were cleaned up, the storm started to roll in... everyone thought it would just be a quick sprinkle, but then the down-pour came. (later I found out it barely rain anywhere in Norman, just over my parents house, during my daughters outdoor party, when it was time to eat....great!)
Everyone was amazing and just went with the flow. We rushed the food inside and everyone camped out and ate while it poured for about 10 minutes. I am so grateful for my wonderful parents that didn't even worry that there were 12 little ones, and about 30 adults eating all over their living room. 
After the rain stopped we were actually able to dry off the kids table and chairs and have dessert outside. Thank goodness, that icing has some serious food-coloring in it, and I think my parents like their carpet the color it is.




Ill be back soon with pics of the actual party! 

1 comment: