Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Little Natural History

I don't know how this slipped thru the cracks...oh wait, I haven't emptied my point and shoot in a few months, thats how! It was a rainy day and we decided that we need to get out and do something, and since it wasn't a gymboree day, or nice enough to play outside, we decided to check out the Sam Noble Natural History Museum. Neither Gray nor Hadlee had ever been before. Honestly, I did think there was going to be much that would hold the attention of a almost 2 year old. Then someone told me there was a great childrens area, and boy were they right! There are a ton of hands on activities for the kids and  the workers there were amazing with them, explaining everything and answering all their very funny questions. After the Childrens area, we explored the exhibits. I was blown away at how much the girls were into it. They loved seeing the Dinos and the Native Oklahoma area was a big hit! We had a blast! If you are in the area and haven't been, you should go check it out, you wont be disappointed! 

Lets see, I think Ill put this sticker right here on my mask..
 Im going to color mine first!
 Even Owen had a great time! Look at that smile :)
 Mom, look at all these reptiles!
 Whoa, was the heck is that?
 She loved looking at all the animals
 Next up, digging for bones...I seriously couldn't get enough of this girl in goggles, cracked me up!
 Looking so official
 Hads loved the goggles too
Jenny and I could not stop laughing. The goggles were a bit big and kept creeping down onto her nose, making her have this really funny nasally voice. I wish I had video! 
 Being her daddy's daughter, she lined up organized and reorganized the brushes several times. Gray can you say OCD? :)
 Something must have been interesting...
 "oh these need to stay on at all times?"
 "okay then!"
 After about 30 minutes in the digging area, the girls decided to check out the drawers. They must have know they would find treasure...
 Turtle shells

 and animal bones!
I don't have any pics of the girls in the big exhibits, you try chasing 2 toddlers around the museum! We cant wait to go back and have more fun. This place is definitely Hadlee and Gray approved! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment