Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eenie, Meanie, Minie, and Mo

I cant remember if I have mentioned the chicks before, but if not, here you go, their very own blog post! 
My parents have talked about getting chicks for awhile now, they wanted to have fresh eggs now that they have all the extra space. When Easter came along, Mike and Barbara (my in-laws) decided that they thought it would be fun to get Gray some chicks, to live at my parents that is, Barbara is actually terrified of birds. Strange gift from a person with a bird phobia right? 
Luckily Grammy and Oompah were excited about the idea, they figured there wasn't a better time to start their bird farm. 
In the pictures below you will notice that there are way more than the 4 chicks that mike and barb bought, my parents went out, and within days and brought their chick total up to like 20 something...honestly, I lost count! 
The 4 largest chicks (yellowish in color) are Grays chicks, Eenie, Meanie, Minie, and Mo.
Even months later it is funny how we can still spot them and Gray knows which ones are hers.  
Gray LOVES going and feeding the chicks with Oompah every time she is out at their house, she has become quite the farmer. 

These pics are pretty early on when there were only 15 or so...and before there was a chicken coupe, and before my dad bought 50+ baby quail...its getting a little out of control! Im just looking forward to the eggs. :)

Okay Oompah, Im ready!
 You get the food tray, and Ill fill 'er up!

 This is either Eenie, or Meanie, maybe its Minie, or Mo, cant tell from the pic!
 Look at all my chicks mom!
 Pour till I saw when...
 Good job Oompah, now that the foods back in Ill close the lid

 They must have been hungry!
 Time to get their water.
 Sophie is helping too
 Quick hand rinsing, 
 and drying.
 Don't worry Soph, I still love you more than the chicks.
 Is this not the sweetest picture?

Thanks for the chicks Baba and Papa! I love them, and you! Maybe next year we will talk about that bunny that was at Atwoods by the chicks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment