Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Food and Presents (Grays Birthday Party Part 3)

After the fun art festivities it was time to get down to business...the food! 
If you remember, the sky had just started getting dark, but everyone assured me that it was going to just be a few drops, and we should just go on as planned eating outside. Most the kids had been served and the parents were about to dig in just as the down-pour started! I have the most wonderful friends and family, everyone grabbed something and we all ran inside to take cover. Thankfully it only lasted a minute and we wee able to enjoy dessert outside. 

The cupcakes
 Waiting to be served


 "I think Ill check out these crayons while someone prepares my birthday feast"
 Looks like everyone worked up an appetite!
 "umm, guys? That sky isn't looking so good...are you sure we're safe?"
 "Im with you Jenna, this isn't looking so good"
 "Yikes! Those clouds are getting dark guys"
 And then the rain came....
So we went in 
 Except this bunch that decided to try and wait it out...
 Trey saved the day (for a minute) with his huge umbrella!
 "As long as the juice made it in, we're good!"
 I was so grateful that everyone just went with the flow and just made do. I done even think the kids noticed!!








"Look!!! It stopped raining! Time for Ice-cream people!"
 The create your own Ice-Cream Masterpiece was a huge hit!

 Thanks Aunt T for the amazing ice cream sundae! You made it way better than mommy or daddy would have...LOTS of chocolate and extra sprinkles :)






 Trying to light all the candles before the wind blew them out!
 Make a wish...
 getting a little help
 Delish!!
 "here GRammy, try a bite!"


 "you want a bite?"


 "what? do I have something on my face?"
 "Oh Jenna...wont you ever learn you have to be dainty when you eat, like this..."
Lady got spoiled rotten with gifts this year!
I didn't include a picture of every gift being opened (even though I have one), I just wanted everyone to know that she LOVED all her gifts! Thank you all so much.


 Isn't this the sweetest?? She wanted to give Chase a hug for her amazing new scooter and helmet
 She loved the helmet and wore it the rest of the party. It was pretty funny!
 J and L lending a hand


 She is one happy girl!
 I could list a hundred things that I would have done different, added or omitted, however in the end all that is important is that Gray had a good time and that she thought it was perfect...and she did! She loved every minute and still talks about it (even tough people tell me that she wont remember it..ha!) 
Happy Happy Birthday little lady! You are the joy of our lives and we love you more than anything.
Heres to many more happy, wonderful, over the top, crazy mom planned birthdays!


No comments:

Post a Comment