Friday, January 4, 2013

Gingerbread House

For years I have loved making a gingerbread house during the holidays. When Joey and I started dating 10 (almost 11) years ago I always made him participate in my tradition (even though his friends made fun of him).  We made one the last two years, but Gray was a little young to get into it and Joey and I ended up doing most  all of the work. I knew that this year was going to be different and Gray would get into it. Boy, could I have not been more correct. She loved every minute and was so serious about where everything went and how it looked. If you know me, you know that giving up creative control was a huge fete, but I did it and let my lady take the lead. (okay so there may have been a little encouraging of placement, and a few added details, but for the most part I let her tell me where she wanted the icing and then she chose the decorations)
Please also notice this year I found one that was all ready assembled. It made the whole process much easier. In years past I have ended up hot gluing the structure together so t will actually stay!
Daddy also took over behind the camera for the majority of the decorating. It was weird to not be the one taking the pictures, but he did a great job!

Wait? You mean I get to decorate this?
"Lets start here"

 You mean these aren't all for me to eat?








 We ended up having to take a little break and try a few of the decorations..
 Daddy decided to help finish up the final details



 "We need one last one right here"
 She was so proud of her hard work!
Didn't it turn out great? 
I cant wait to carry on this tradition with Gray and now Boyd for years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment