Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Morning

Okay, I have to admit that I had the camera out first thing in the morning, then got busy enjoying my lady and stop taking pictures after the first 30 minutes or so. Oh well, I got to be in the moment and see all her excitement first hand and not from behind the lens on my camera, and Im okay with that.  Traditionally we have "Santa" gift time, then load up and go to my parents house to open gifts and celebrate with my mom, dad, brother, soon-to-be sister-in-law and her daughter Nora. This year they weren't able to come home for Christmas, so my mom suggested she and my dad would just come to our house, that was Gray could spend more time enjoying her Santa gifts and not have to rush her and get ready. It was so relaxing just being the 5 of us, but I totally would have traded it for Nick, Ang, and Nora being here!  
Gray had been saying that she wanted a Doll House from Santa for months now, so it made his job a little easier, and "he" had her gift ordered and stored away for about a month or so.  Unfortunately "Santa" decided to purchase a Playmobile doll house. Have you ever put together Ikea furniture? Playmobile is like ikea furniture only SUPER tiny! Everything came in pieces, and Santa's "elfs"  had to spend a couple hours getting this little beauty put together!! The look on her face Christmas morning made it all worth it! The she-elf also spent a good amount of time staging each room, only to be destroyed in about 2 minutes by Gray... oh well! :)

Casa de Gray
Guess my Interior Design degree hasn't gone to total waste!
BBQ patio!
Nursery
Kids room
Living Room
Kitchen
I also discovered too late that Santa had sent more of the room sets than the basic house would hold. Guess he needed the floor extender... we will have to get that on order.

Daddy holding Gray in the bathroom until I had the camera ready!
"Oh my gosh, Santa brought a DOLL HOUSE!!!"
"Daddy look!"

Daddy showing Gray all the rooms

And the playing begins....
We actually had to stop her and point out that there was more.
Stocking time!
"New Jammies!"

"My own polish!"
"Wow Dad, theres more!"
Candy Land...she loves this game

Going to check and see if Santa ate his cookies
And thats when the camera got set down and my documentation of Christmas morning ended. We had the best time celebrating Christmas with my parents and out little lady! We are so blessed and are so excited that Boyd will be here to celebrate with us next year too! Merry Christmas little lady, I hope it was everything to you that it was to us! We love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment