Thursday, December 20, 2012

North Carolina Vacation: Part 2

We planned one full day in Wilmington, we figured after a few full days at the beach, that we all may be ready for a break.  We discovered that there was a great little Children's museum and knew we had to check it out. (Think Jasmine Moran in NC) Gray and Nora loved it and would have stayed all day! (I wish I would have taken way more pics, but I was trying to keep up!)

First up the Tooth area...
Gray picked her first patient and set out for tools
"Uncle Nick its very important to always take their temp first!"
Brush-a-Brush-a-Brush-a
Next up the Clinic
Gray has been obsessed with doctors and doctor tool since a new Disney show, Doc McStuffins, debuted. When I ask her if she wants to be a doctor when she grows up, she replies, "Mommy, I already am a doctor." Duh, mom!
(this space was TINY and PACKED, reason for lack of pics)
The Science Area
"Alright Grammy, this is we need "blue" first"
concentration....
"This is very serious business, huh nora?"
Nora working on her own mixtures


Daddy got distracted by a fun magnet board game. He's such a kid sometimes, and I love it!
Time to take a break at the Restaurant 

Now that we are full lets head to the 
Outdoor Area
"Look mom, Im a canoeing pro!"
We had to make one more stop at the Tooth Area, heck, maybe we have a dentist in the making!


Nora was such a trooper and decided to be Grays first real patient.
"Okay Nora, say ahhhh"
"Yup, your temp looks great."
After the museum we went and walked down by the river, and ate the most amazing seafood. Yum! It was super hot and humid. We spent some time shopping then headed back to Kure Beach. Thanks Wilmington for the great visit!

Most days were spent at the beach in the morning, then we would head back to the house for lunch and nap, then head back to the beach in the afternoon. Here are a few of the pics from an afternoon trip.
Love these 6!
Gray and Grammy have most amazing bond. I am so grateful for it, because ask me, I think my mom is the greatest! I hope that they are always this close, as I am sure they will be. 

The next day... back to the beach!
Not only does Gray adore my mom, but she thinks my dad hung the moon. I kind of have to agree! Whether we are at the beach or here at home, my dad is always ready to take Gray on a fun adventure and show her new things. They have such a fun time out at my parents new house. They play in the garden, tend to chickens, or find some other outdoor adventure.  She's Oompahs girl!
There was lots of seashell hunting while we were at the beach! 
and they're off...
Nora was a seashell finding master!
Gray and Oompah found this cool one. Gray loved how she could see through it!
"Nora, this one is HUGE!"
Silly girl!


Happy lady!
Stayed tuned... the Pier Carnival and more beach to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment