Friday, September 30, 2011

While I was away

A couple weekends ago my mom (grammy) and I headed to Iowa for our annual girls weekend at my aunt Lonnie's pig farm, yup, you heard me, I get a weekend away and I chose to spend it on a pig farm. Its not so much the location, its about the wonderful women that I get to spend time with. We always have the best time...lots of eating, drink wine and catching up. Its a adult women gathering of aunts, cousins, mothers, daughters, and sisters. Last year Gray was able to go because the one exception to the "no kids" rule is that young babies that still need there mommies are allowed...this year however she was left at home with dad. It was Grays first time to be with only one parent for more than a night, and I was shocked that it was me doing the first long-term leave. Joey has been amazing and has tweaked his schedule at work so he is never gone more than a night, or two, that happened once I think. I don't doubt Joeys amazing daddy skills for a single second, but I was nervous leaving. I guess when you are there with them all the time thats just what happens. I also felt bad. Its so nice to have two people there to share the duties, we're a team, and I hated that I wasn't there to help out. Needless to say everything went AMAZING and Gray didn't even seem to notice that I was missing.
The weather in OK turned out to be pretty crappy the first couple days I was gone, but by Saturday the sun was shinning and Joey, Gray, and Baba headed to the zoo. I was beyond jealous!!! The newest attraction is to feed the giraffes!!!! I was so sad that I was going to miss seeing gray up close and personal with her favorite animal, but thanks to Baba, I got to see some great pics of the events.
Now that the weather seems to be staying pretty for awhile, I think another trip to the zoo is in order!

"umm, dad, I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a huge giraffe over there"
"holy moly...that thing is really close dad!"
"no way, Im not getting any closer to it!"
"okay, lets try again, but you do it dad"
"oh.my.goodness...look at that tongue!"
Thanks for the great pics Baba, and thank you Joey for letting me have a weekend away. Trust me, it will happen again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment